Friday, January 17, 2014

LISBON DRESSED IN A WHITE BLANKET



This morning, as I woke up and opened my window, hardly could I believe my eyes... the grey colour of the pavement and of the ground around it had turned into white. Yes, white. A severe hail storm had swept through Lisbon.


I have lived most of my life in Lisbon and it was the first time something like this happened.


I really liked this little gift presented by Nature but I know, like everything, it has had its bad side-effects. Traffic was chaotic for many hours. Some roads had to be closed. Nature wanted it so!


 Enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This kind of weather is not unusual in Canada during our winter.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contrarily to what Sophie commented, this white blanket is very very unusual in Lisbon. Unfortunately, I'm not a rooster like you, so, I did see absolutely nothing of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isabel, you have me, the rooster friend, that takes the photos so you miss nothing

      Delete
  3. That is incredible, because in our country where it is usual in this time we can find the flowers...Enjoy the weekend... hope the traffic chaos is not more in your city...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viera, we are having rain almost every day! I stay in Lisbon and do not go to my country home. it is winter indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your second capture! There must have been a LOT of hail:)

    ReplyDelete