Tuesday, March 12, 2013

OTHER LAND, OTHER PEOPLE

Hindu pilgrims converge for a holy dip in the Holy Pushkar Lake to 'wash away the sins of  a lifetime'.


Today, I would like to give you a glimpse of an unparallelled and unforgettable experience I had when I visited Pushkar, a town in the state of Rajasthan (India). I happened to have been there at the time of a fair that is held every November, at the time of the full moon. 




I think I can say it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the colour, spectacle and carnival of one of the great traditional markets, which brings villagers, farmers, livestock, camels, natural colours, handcrafts, from all over Rajathan.



It was a wonderful time, a great place, a terrific event.





THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT!

2 comments:

  1. What a colourful post!!! So vibrant colours.... I would like to visit it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. People say, India is the Heaven for photographers. Seeing these colorful photos and so many interesting characters in your shots, I do agree with what they say.

    ReplyDelete